A woman who was trying to cross the street was hit and killed by a mail truck in Maryland, police say. Continue reading
Downtown Dallas residents say they’re frustrated over post office problems that have been going on for more than a year. Continue reading
WILKES-BARRE – The United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Pennsylvania announced that Mark Kerpovich, age 29, of Shavertown, Pennsylvania, pleaded guilty on December 6, 2019, before U.S. District Court Senior Judge A. Richard Caputo to theft of mail. Continue reading
Theodore Rogers is looking forward to what will probably be his last holiday season at the Cardiss Collins Processing and Distribution Center in Chicago. Continue reading
A private mail truck caught fire Saturday night after it was involved in a crash on State Highway 183 in Euless, fire officials say. Continue reading
- Mail carriers start their deliveries before the crack of dawn
- Portland OR: Neighborhood protests against “consolidated casing” test
- U.S. Mail crates, packages found scattered along Texas highway
- How USPS handles holiday rush
- Inside Job? Thieves Use Postal Service Master Key To Swipe Packages
- Pennsylvania Postal Worker Charged with Stealing Cash from Mail
- Clearwater couple searches for mystery mailman who gave them Thanksgiving meal
- Nearly 300 Amazon Packages Stolen From Behind Northern CA Post Office
- Employee finds, returns $900 in lost cash
- South Carolina: Local APWU President pleads guilty to embezzlement of union funds- after also being found guilty of running a “Christian” real estate scam
December 6, 2019 Episode 55
Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) Vice Chair Michael Kubayanda joins Legislative & Political Director Bob Levi on the December 6 episode of NAPS Chat.
This week’s NAPS Chat focuses on the newly proposed Postal Rate and Classification System, system that may determine postage rates for the next 5 years. We also discuss the Postal Service’s Universal Service Obligation. Finally, NAPS Chat provides information relating to postal-related bills and the status of H.R. 2382, legislation to repeal of the USPS retiree health prefunding requirement, which has surpassed the 290-cosponsor mark.
NAPS Chat is a weekly podcast intended to inform NAPS members about the latest legislative and political goings-on within our nation’s capital. Hosted by NAPS Director of Legislative and Political Affairs Bob Levi.
Source: NAPS Chat
CHICAGO (CBS) — They enter empty-handed but walk out carry bags of stolen packages from a mailroom. Continue reading
FRESNO, Calif. — A federal grand jury returned an indictment today against Ryan James Taylor, 34, of Oxnard, charging him with burglary of a U.S. Post Office, mail theft, and theft of government property, U.S. Attorney McGregor W. Scott announced. Continue reading
TAMPA, Fla. – The U.S. Postal Service package processing plant in Ybor City expects to handle more holiday packages this year than ever before as deadlines approach. Continue reading