BOSTON – A Springfield man was sentenced on Friday, Oct. 23, 2020 in federal court in Springfield for breaking into a postal vehicle and stealing the mail inside. Continue reading
RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — The U.S. Postal Service is warning about a scam that’s making its way around the area by criminals who hoping victims will fall for it because they might get caught up in financial distress caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
It’s a variation on the “mystery shopper” scam that previously used what appeared to be real checks. Now, the criminals use fake U.S. Postal Service Money Orders.
A victim would not expect to find cash just sitting in a mailbox for no apparent reason, but that’s exactly what criminals want their targets to think when they send a letter asking a person to accomplish a simple task for cash.
Here’s how it works:
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – A United States Postal Service employee has been charged for willfully obstructing the passage of mail, announced U.S. Attorney Russell Coleman. Continue reading
- Postal Service awards $5 million contract to Postmaster DeJoy’s former company XPO
- Wisconsin Postal Worker Charged with Misappropriating Funds & Faking Records
- Postal Supervisor in Middletown CT Admits Stealing Packages
- Are USPS transportation policies still causing mail delays?
- Cellphone videos show overflowing mailboxes in parts of DC and Montgomery County MD
- Nearly 150 Las Vegas postal workers have had COVID-19
- Postal Worker Charged in Federal Court After Alleged Theft of Vote-by-Mail Ballot, Gift and Debit Cards, and Other Mail
- We mailed 64 letters, packages in battleground states to check on mail delays. Here’s what we found
- Fact check: Photo of discarded mail is not ballots cast for Trump
- Postal workers really do not feel safe
Rachel Maddow reports on the speed of U.S.P.S. mail delivery still not having recovered from the damage done over the summer by the political donor Donald Trump put in charge of the Postal Service, raising concerns for states with hard deadlines for mail-in ballots, particularly the battleground state of Michigan. Aired on 10/23/2020.
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) — The 2020 presidential election is unprecedented. Continue reading
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Postal workers in the Greater Indiana District said beginning Monday they will take extraordinary measures to find missing ballots. Continue reading
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) — A reward of up to $35,000 is being offered for information leading to the arrest of a man suspected of robbing a mail carrier in North Hollywood. Continue reading
John H. Durham, United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, and Matthew Modafferi, Special Agent in Charge of the U.S. Postal Service, Office of Inspector General, announced that ZOHEB A. DEURA, 34, of Stratford, waived his right to be indicted and pleaded guilty today before U.S. District Judge Kari A. Dooley in Bridgeport to embezzlement of mail by a U.S. Postal Service employee. Continue reading
Cammy J. Gillett, 44, Cameron, Wisconsin, is charged with misappropriating postal funds from March 2019 through July 2020. The indictment alleges that while an employee of the U.S. Postal Service, she converted to her own use more than $1,000 in U.S. Postal money orders. Continue reading