“It was just frightening. It was hard to collect your thoughts, I’ll just tell you like that,” says Spencer.
A lightning bolt crashed into the attic, igniting a fire as Corlis and her husband Ronald were inside.
It happened Saturday as strong thunderstorms rolled through Virginia Beach into the Spencers’ Wesleyan Chase neighborhood.
They say they did not even smell smoke when the fire happened.
Lightning hit, striking sideways into the Spencers’ attic while they were in the back bedroom. They had no idea what was happening until a postal worker knocked on their door telling them their house was on fire.
Source: Postal worker, neighbor save the day after lightning sparks house fire | WTKR.com
Virginia Beach, Va. – Two days later, Corlis Spencer says it’s still difficult to talk about what happened.