WASHINGTON, March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Everything from mailboxes to autonomous aerial vehicles (aka drones) will be on the agenda at the fourth annual PostalVision 2020 Conference (www.postalvision2020.com) — scheduled for April 10-11, at the Westin City Center in Washington, D.C. The event has expanded its roster of speakers and topics and is filling up fast with many of the world’s visionaries on opportunities for the global postal ecosystem in e-commerce and digital identity.
Attendees and speakers will include top e-merchants, digital communicators and logistics innovators as well as organizations involved in traditional mailing and shipping such as financial institutions, direct advertisers, catalogers, third-party software and transportation service providers. Leading sponsors include eBay, DHL Global Mail, Pitney Bowes, and Accenture. The conference will include experts from across the U.S. as well as from Italy, Germany, Austria, United Kingdom, Australia and China.
Topics will include:
- E-commerce delivery innovations including:
- Drones from Matternet, 3D Robotics and a hands-on demonstration by Australia-based Flirtey, the pioneer in aerial small parcel delivery.
- Customer driven models like free domestic, same-day and Sunday delivery and convenient locker-box solutions from KEBA of Austria
- Cross-border logistics challenges and solutions from express delivery leaders such as DHL Global Mail and 4PX of China
- Postal digital identity, privacy and security
- Public-private partnerships – collaboration
- Package design innovation including the Rapid Packing Container invented by a couple of smart Cooper Union students
- From bleak to geek: the future of household mailbox delivery
Speakers will include:
- Jeff Jarvis, author of bestseller, What Would Google Do?
- Chris Anderson, (by video), former editor of Wired author of bestsellers The Long Tail, Free and Makers: The New Industrial Revolution
- Andreas Raptopoulos, CEO of Matternet
- Brian Bieron, Executive Director, eBay’s Policy Lab
- Brody Buhler, Accenture’s global postal industry lead
- Ruth Goldway, Chairman, Postal Regulatory Commission
- David C. Williams USPS Inspector General
- Other inspiring speakers and panelists representing the USPS, the National Strategy for Trusted Identity in Cyberspace (NSTIC), DeutschePost E-Post, Posteitaliane, Pitney Bowes, Endicia, and Grayhair Advisors
About the PostalVision 2020 Initiative
The PostalVision 2020 Initiative was started in 2010 to challenge private industry and government to explore new operating models for delivering mail and parcels in an increasingly digitally dependent society. It is an open and independent initiative designed to engage all appropriate parties in improvement of the system. PostalVision 2020 is the creation of Ursa Major Associates, LLC, a strategy consultancy based in Essex, CT. For more information, contact John Callan, Managing Director of Ursa Major Associates and founder of the PostalVision 2020 Initiative, at 860-767-0709 or email@example.com.