Video: Letter carrier is first to respond to California house fire

PALM DESERT — Four adults and a dog were displaced by a fire that caused major damage to their Palm Desert home Tuesday night.

Flames were spotted coming from the 5,400-square-foot home in the 72-900 block of Grapevine Street shortly before 5 p.m., according to witnesses at the scene.

Firefighters received calls about the fire at 4:57 p.m., according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.

Read more: Four displaced in Palm Desert house fire | The Desert Sun | mydesert.com.