The Postal Service is planning seven mail promotions in 2014 to help build interest in integrating mobile technology and other innovative techniques with direct mail, providing customers opportunities to be more successful with traditional marketing campaigns.
To help mailers prepare earlier, USPS has published the 2014 Mailing Services Promotions Calendar, which includes the following events:
- Earned value promotion, April 1-June 20, 2014.
- Color Print in First-Class Mail transaction promotion, Aug. 1-Dec. 3, 2014.
- Premium advertising promotion (targeted to Standard Mail advertisers), April 1-June 30, 2014.
Standard and First-Class Mail
- Branded color mobile technology promotion, Feb. 1-March 31, 2014.
- Mail and digital personalization promotion, May 1-June 30, 2014.
- Emerging technology featuring near-field communication promotion, Aug.1-Sept. 30, 2014.
- Mail drives commerce promotion, Nov. 1-Dec. 31, 2014.
Participating mailers have the opportunity to receive postage discounts if they register for the promotions during the designated registration periods.