Due to the blizzard that struck New England overnight, the USPS has suspended delivery and shut down post offices and bulk mail acceptance units today.
From the USPS Mail Service Update web page:
Mail service impacts
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont
- All post office operations and mail delivery is suspended for Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013 in these ZIP Code areas:
- 030-054, 056-059
- 014-026, 055
- 010-013, 027-029, 060-069
- 117-119 (exceptions include: 11710, 11714, 11756, 11758, 11783, and 11793 and 115 ZIP Codes which will all have limited retail and mail delivery services)
- Blue mailbox collection service is also suspended for Saturday, Feb. 9 in the above areas
- Bronx, NY: retail operations and mail delivery service continue as normal except for the Hillside Station and Pilgrim Station which are closed Saturday Feb. 9. Bronx Main Post Office will curtail hours to 4:00p.m.
- New Jersey: all Post Offices with Saturday retail hours remain open and mail delivery is expected in those neighborhoods where roadways, streets and mailboxes are safely accessible by the letter carrier
- Northern New Jersey exception: the Evergreen Station Post Office in East Orange has suspended retail services Saturday, Feb. 9; Nearby East Orange Main Post Office is operating under normal Saturday hours.
- Drop shipments will not be accepted Saturday February 9, 2013 in the following mail processing facilities:
- Connecticut Valley District: Hartford CT, Southern CT, Stamford CT, Providence RI and Springfield MA
- Greater Boston District: Boston; NW Boston, Brockton, Central MA and Middlesex-Essex
- Northern New England District: Eastern ME, Southern ME, Manchester NH and Nashua NH, Burlington VT and White River Junction VT
- Westchester District: Mid-Hudson NY and Westchester NY
Additional disruption to post office and mail delivery service in other regions may occur as a result of storm impacts. Please watch for additional updates.
Read more: Mail Service Updates.