USPS Board of Governors meeting, quarterly financial briefing set for Feb. 8
WASHINGTON , Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — The Board of Governors of the U.S. Postal Service will meet Feb. 8 in open session at Postal Service headquarters, 475 L’ Enfant Plaza , SW, Washington, DC. The public is welcome to observe the meeting beginning at 8:30 a.m. in the Ben Franklin Room on the 11th floor. The Board is expected to discuss the following items:
- Call to order and remarks of the Chairman of the Board
- Remarks of the Postmaster General and CEO
- Approval of prior minutes
- Committee appointments and reports
- Quarterly report on financial performance
- Quarterly service performance report
- Tentative agenda for the April 9 meeting
Open session meetings of the Board of Governors are available on live audio webcasts at http://about.usps.com/news/electronic-press-kits/bog/welcome.htm. Three hours after the conclusion of the open session meeting, a recorded audio file will be available for listening. In compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, the audio webcast will be open-captioned.
Following the Board’s open meeting on Feb. 8, Postmaster General & CEO Patrick Donahoe and Chief Financial Officer Joe Corbett will host a telephone/web conference call to discuss the financial results in more detail. The call will begin at 11:30 a.m. ET and is open to the news media and all other interested parties.
To attend by phone with audio only: dial 866-966-6305 (meeting ID: 4002211).
To attend the web conference and join with audio:
- Browse to http://meetingplace4.usps.gov/join.asp?4002211
- After the MeetingPlace window is open, click the Phone icon (under the Participant List or in the upper right-hand corner).
- Click Connect Me, validate or update your phone number and click Connect Me again.
- When the system calls you, press 1 to join.
The briefing will also be available on live audio webcast (listen only) at: