BOSTON (CBS) — UPS drivers are planning to demonstrate against a 70-hour work week during the holiday season. Continue reading
UPS (NYSE: UPS) today announced it will place in service three medium-duty electric trucks from Daimler Trucks Fuso brand, called the eCanter. The company will be the first commercial customer in the U.S. to use this series-produced vehicle. UPS will deploy the trucks in the U.S. at locations to be determined. The new EV trucks build on UPS’s Rolling Laboratoryfleet of more than 8,500 alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicles. Continue reading
UPS (NYSE:UPS) announced today plans to build a new $200 million package operations facility in Arlington, TX. The project will span more than 1,100,000 square feet on more than 110 acres. Powered by industry leading operational technology and equipment, the new UPS® hub will create even greater network efficiency and flexibility to manage business and consumer-directed package growth for the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Continue reading
From United Parcel Service:
- New Saturday ground pickups allow many businesses to have packages delivered to their customers on Monday, one business day earlier than before
- With #UPSsaturday delivery, residential and commercial recipients can get ground packages that would previously arrive on Monday on Saturday
A federal judge on Friday held United Parcel Service Inc (UPS.N) liable for having illegally shipped hundreds of thousands of cartons of untaxed cigarettes in New York, depriving the state and New York City of millions of dollars of taxes. Continue reading
PLEASANT HILL (KPIX 5) — Postal imposters are a problem plaguing a lot of communities. Pleasant Hill is the latest city to get hit.
One woman has been spotted driving around in an old United States Postal Service truck without license plates, opening people’s mailboxes and stealing what’s inside. Continue reading
DERBY, Kan. (KWCH) People across Kansas are concerned because they said delivery drivers aren’t knocking on their doors or ringing the doorbell when dropping off packages.
One Derby woman said it’s happened to her twice this month.
Darla Harper said she doesn’t order online often, but she’s been disappointed by delivery companies twice this month. Continue reading
United Parcel Service Inc. and FedEx Corp. are straining to keep up with holiday shipping volumes that have blown past expectations, delaying the delivery of some of the millions of online orders shoppers have placed since Thanksgiving.
UPS has relocated hundreds of staff from its headquarters and other corporate offices to help at shipping hubs struggling to handle record demand, according to people familiar with the situation. Already in advance of the busy holiday season, both UPS and FedEx had extended delivery windows on some routes, suspended delivery guarantees and refunds for certain weeks and stopped promising to deliver express packages by a certain time in some cases. Continue reading
- ATLANTA, Nov. 21, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) —
- UPS chatbot available via Facebook Messenger, Skype and Amazon
- Launch sets direction for integration of artificial intelligence into additional customer-facing technologies
- Future updates planned, including integration with UPS My Choice service
UPS (NYSE:UPS) on Monday said it has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial-intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS® locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Continue reading
- UPS forecasts record holiday delivery of more than 700 million packages
- Black Friday-to-New Year’s Eve deliveries up more than 14% with two more operating days from 2015
- 13 of 21 holiday delivery days before Christmas to exceed 30 million packages
- New temporary processing facilities and operational technology increase capacity, efficiency and flexibility