- Detroit mail carrier speaks months after being attacked by pit bull, saved by neighbor
- USPS releases dog attack national rankings
- Postal employee killed in rollover crash on I-295 in Virginia
- USPS testing new air horn in Phoenix to prevent dog attacks
- 2018 NALC election results upheld by Department of Labor
- PRC Issues 2018 USPS Annual Compliance Determination: Directs Postal Service to Address a Number of Outstanding Issues
- Police Chief: Motorcycle battery exploded at Loves Park IL post office, no one seriously hurt
- Pigeons move in to “temporarily” closed post office in Michigan
- Thousands of mail pieces stolen in series of Henderson NV Post Office ‘dock thefts’
- Canada Post segment posts $270 million loss for 2018
CHICAGO — An Elk Grove Village man has been indicted in federal court on charges he tried to kill a postal carrier on New Year’s Eve. Continue reading
BOSTON – A Beverly man was sentenced today in connection with mailing threatening letters containing suspicious white powder to high-profile individuals, law enforcement officials and others.
LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Postal Inspectors are investigating a series of ‘dock thefts’ at two Henderson post office locations which could affect thousands of customers.
A postal inspector says two locations, one at 404 S. Boulder Highway, and another at 1575 Horizon Ridge Parkway have reported someone is stealing plastic trays of mail, potentially holding between two and three thousand letter-sized pieces of mail from restricted areas.
“It’s quite unusual,” said Liz Davis, postal inspector with the Phoenix Division.
“It’s pretty bold to go into a restricted space, a back dock is typically in a gated area that is restricted to employees only,” added Davis.
As previously reported, the NALC National Election Committee, at its meeting on November 30, 2018, denied election appeals submitted by candidate for national president David Noble, and retiree member Jim Edgemon, a former National Business Agent. Continue reading
OTTAWA – Canada Post is reporting a loss before tax of $270 million for 2018. Three main non-recurring items factor into the result: the $280 million cost of resolving pay equity and the estimated $135 million net impact of the labour disruption in the fall, partially offset by a $48 million gain after an actuarial update to workers compensation liabilities. Had it not been for these non-recurring factors, Canada Post would have recorded a profit in 2018. The segment’s $270 million loss is a decline of $346 million compared to 2017. Continue reading
Ramsay – The U.S. Post Office in Ramsay has been locked for more than five weeks, since regional postal authorities in Grand Rapids posted a notice of closure on March 8.
On Monday morning, a pair of pigeons peered out of the front window having likely entered via an exposed region directly under the collapsed roof. Continue reading
PHOENIX — It may just be a simple air horn, but this is the United States Postal Services latest weapon against dog attacks. Continue reading
LOVES PARK, Ill. (WIFR) — Updated: April 15, 2019, 6:05 p.m. Loves Park Police Chief Chuck Lynde tells 23 News a package with a motorcycle battery exploded at the building on Monday. Continue reading