Earlier this week, Representatives Gerry Connolly (D-VA) and Sam Graves (R-MO) introduced a bipartisan House Resolution to preserve six-day mail delivery, including Saturday delivery, by the U.S. Postal Service (USPS). H.Res. 54 expresses the sense of the House of Representatives that the USPS should take all appropriate measures to preserve a vital component of our Nation’s long-standing Universal Service Standard, Saturday Mail Delivery. A similar Graves-Connolly resolution introduced in the 115th Congress had broad bipartisan support with 258 cosponsors. Continue reading
LAUREL- A 13-year-old boy was arrested Friday on suspicion of intentionally setting fire to the Laurel Post Office Thursday and a second attempted arson at the Laurel Walmart, according to Laurel Police Chief Stan Langve. Continue reading
PORTLAND, Mich. — Instead of delivering the mail, a US postal employee in Eaton County is under investigation for hoarding it. Continue reading
DALY CITY, Calif. (KGO) — Two Bay Area letter carriers allege they were sexually harassed at work. Continue reading
Postmaster General and Chief Executive Officer, Megan J. Brennan, has announced the following leadership changes:
- Isaac Cronkhite has been named as Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and Executive Vice President (Acting) effective January 19. Jeff Williamson, prior CHRO has returned to the private sector.
- Jeff Johnson, Vice President, Information Technology has been named Vice President, Enterprise Analytics (Acting) effective January 19.
- Pritha Mehra, Vice President, Mail Entry and Payment Technology, has been named Vice President, Information Technology (Acting) effective January 19.
- Marc McCrery, Director, Delivery and Retail Technology, has been named Vice President, Mail Entry and Payment Technology (Acting) effective January 19.
- Ed Phelan, Vice President, Northeast Area Operations, has announced his retirement effective February 3.
- Eric Chavez, District Manager, Suncoast, has been named Vice President, Northeast Area Operations (Acting) effective February 3.
Today, Representatives Gerry Connolly (D-VA) and David McKinley (R-WV) reintroduced H.R. 597, the Postal Employees Appeal Rights Amendments Act, to expand U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board appeals rights to mid-level U.S. Postal Service Management. Connolly and McKinley previously introduced the legislation in the 115th Congress. Continue reading
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – An ongoing battle between some residents in Brooklyn and their local post office has intensified and crossed over into vandalism.
Residents living near the Van Brunt post office on 9th Street say they are so sick of post office trucks parking on the residential street behind the facility. The trucks take a precious, hard-to-find public parking spot, even though the post office has its own private lot for the trucks.
On Wednesday morning, a post office truck was spray painted with graffiti demanding “No parking on 8 street.”
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Someone robbed a mail carrier on Monday afternoon and got away with mail, according to police. Continue reading
BROOKFIELD — The Office of the U.S. Postal Service’s Inspector General is investigating allegations of theft inside the post office in Brookfield. Continue reading
MACOMB COUNTY, Mich. – Officials are investigating a Warren post office employee after piles of mail were never delivered. The investigation includes several areas in Warren. Continue reading