SOUTHWEST FLORIDA– If you’re expecting a package this week, mail operations are returning to normal in Southwest Florida after Hurricane Irma.
The Post Office on Marco Island on E. Elkcam Circle is now offering limited retail services in a Mobile Retail Unit placed on site.
Customers can pick up their P.O. Box mail at this location.
Elsewhere, all other Post Offices have returned to normal, offering limited delivery and retail services.
MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) – Breast cancer is a cruel, and in many cases chronic disease.
Yet it’s the illness that has brings one south Minneapolis community closer together.
Michele Slack and Laura Stegenga are both 47 years old.
Slack is a 13-year USPS letter carrier. Stegenga is a Linden Hills wife and mother of two.
Aside a shared age and gender, they share a plight in common. They’ve both been handed stage four breast cancer diagnoses.
Anthony Q. Bell, 35, Mondovi, Wis., is charged with stealing funds from the U.S. Postal Service. Continue reading
A federal jury sitting in Columbus, Georgia returned a guilty verdict against a U.S. postal worker for his role in a stolen identity refund fraud conspiracy, announced Acting Deputy Assistant Attorney General Stuart M. Goldberg of the Justice Department’s Tax Division and U.S. Attorney G. F. Peterman III for the Middle District of Georgia. Continue reading
Last updated Monday, Sept. 11, 2017, 7 p.m. ET
Visit USPS.com for the latest updates
Sept. 11, 2017, 3 p.m. ET
Tropical Storm Irma
Due to impacts from Hurricane Irma, operations have been temporarily suspended at the following offices:
- Hilton Head Island, 10 Bow Circle, 29928.
- Hilton Head Fairfield, 213 William Hilton Pkwy., 29926.
Normal operations will resume on Tuesday, Sept. 12, at the following offices:
- Beaufort, 50 Charles St., 29902.
- Beaufort Burton, 11 Robert Smalls Pkwy., Ste. C, 29906.
- Bluffton Carrier Annex, 208 Red Oaks Way, Okatie, 29909.
- Bluffton, 25 Thurmond Way, 29910.
- Walterboro, 333 E. Washington St., 29488.
All Post Offices, stations, branches and finance units within the 3-digit ZIP Code ranges of 321, 327, 328, 329, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 341, 342, 346 and 347 suspended all operations — retail, delivery and business mail entry as well as drop shipments — at close of business, Friday, Sept. 8, until further notice.
The plants listed below suspended all operations effective Saturday, Sept. 9, at 2 a.m. All operations are suspended until further notice:
- Fort Myers, 14080 Jetport Loop, Rm. B-111, 33913-9997.
- Manasota, 850 Tallevast Rd., Sarasota, 34260-5000.
The plants listed below suspended all operations effective Saturday, Sept. 9, at 6 a.m. All operations are suspended until further notice:
- Mid Florida, 800 Rinehart Rd., 32799-8805.
- Orlando, 10401 Post Office Blvd., 32862-8400.
- Seminole, 2036 E. Landstreet Rd., 32824-7938.
- Tampa, 3501 Bessie Coleman Blvd., 33630-5009.
The Postal Service is suspending shipments of Priority Mail Express and live animals destined for the following 3-digit ZIP Codes through close of business Thursday, Sept. 14: 321, 327, 328, 329, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 341, 342, 346 and 347.
The plant listed below suspended all operations effective Friday, Sept. 8, at 2 p.m. All operations are suspended until further notice:
- Tampa, Ybor City Plant, 1801 Grant St., 33605-6001.
All Post Offices, stations, branches and finance units within the following 3-digit ZIP Codes have suspended retail, delivery and business mail entry operations as well as drop shipments until further notice: 304, 310, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 344 and 398.
Macon, GA, P&DF, located at 451 College St., 31213-9997, has suspended all operations until further notice.
All Post Offices, stations, branches and finance units within the 3-digit ZIP Code ranges of 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 340 and 349 suspended retail, delivery, business mail entry as well as drop shipments at close of business, Sept. 7, until further notice.
South Florida plant operations
The plants listed below suspended all operations effective Thursday, Sept. 7, at 8 p.m. All operations will be suspended until further notice.
- Miami P&DC, 7499 NW 31st St., 33122-9991.
- Miami ISC, 11698 NW 25th St., 33112-9997.
- Royal Palm P&DC, 5500 NW 142nd St., Opa Locka, 33054-9997.
- West Palm Beach P&DC, 3200 Summit Blvd., 33416-3524.
Priority Mail Express service and shipments of live animals have been suspended to the following 3-digit ZIP Codes through close of business Thursday, Sept. 14: 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 340 and 349.
Sept. 11, 2017, 3 p.m. ET
Priority Mail Express service and live animals
Priority Mail Express service and shipments of live animals will resume on Tuesday, Sept. 12, for the following 3-digit ZIP Code ranges: 006, 007 and 009.
Priority Mail Express service and shipments of live animals remain suspended for destinations in 3-digit ZIP code 008, which includes St. John and St. Thomas.
These offices are attempting delivery where it can be completed safely for customers and carriers. Retail operations remain suspended.
- Juncos Post Office, 1 Calle Munoz Rivera, 00777.
- Trujillo Alto Station, 100 Calle Borinquen, 00976.
U.S. Virgin Islands
The following offices have suspended delivery and retail operations.
- Veterans Annex, 6500 Veterans Dr., 00803.
- East End, 4605 Tutu Park Mall, 00805.
- Charlotte Amalie, 9846 Estate Thomas, 00801/00802.
- Havensight, 9007 Havensight Shopping Ctr., 00802.
- Emancipation, 5046 Norre Gade, 00804.
- Cruz Bay, 100 Vester Gade, 00830/00831.
- TSP: Help for Hurricane Harvey Victims
- USPS suspends operations in Puerto Rico as Irma approaches
- Postal worker injured by explosion in East Chicago post office, officials say
- Postal worker shooting highlights dangers for mail carriers
- USPS Temporarily Adjusts Operations Due to Impacts of Hurricane Harvey
- Change of address scam hits Cincinnati couple
- Schumer asks USPS: Where’s Larchmont’s mail?
- Former mailman sentenced to 2 years probation for dumping 15K pieces of mail in DC sewers
- Indiana: Neighbors upset USPS will only deliver to one side of newly reconstructed street
- Mother of injured Charlotte mail carrier: ‘Why did they shoot him?’
LARCHMONT -Sen. Chuck Schumer called on the Postal Service Friday to make public the results of its study on mail service problems in Larchmont village.
“We are entitled to know,” Schumer said. “The Larchmont mail operation stands in direct conflict to the mission of the post office.” Continue reading
ARVADA, Colo. (CBS4)– A man who admitted to blowing up a Postal Service mailbox in Arvada will spend more than two years in federal prison.
John Bowman, 45, said he blew up the mailbox, located in a parking lot on the 9500 block of Ralston Road, in an attempt to impress his girlfriend. The explosion in April 2016 was caused by a pipe bomb that was filled with gunpowder.
A federal judge this week sentenced Bowman to two-and-a-half years in prison, followed by three years of supervised release.
NEW ALBANY, IN (WAVE) – It’s been years since construction first started on a major road that connects the east to the west in New Albany IN.
The nearly $6 million McDonald Lane project added numerous safety improvements, including uniform mailboxes on both sides of streets. Continue reading
BRENTWOOD, Calif. (KGO) — The U.S. Postal Inspectors Office is trying to return stolen mail now to Concord residents.
Hundreds of pieces of stolen mail were found stuffed inside pillow cases at the Hampton Inn Brentwood a few weeks ago after the occupants of the room checked out. Continue reading