RIVERHEAD, NY – On Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Monday, January 21, 2019, Congressman Lee Zeldin (R, NY-1) was joined by the United States Postal Service, PFC Langhorn Memorial Committee, local elected officials, local veterans and veterans’ organizations, and the family and friends of PFC Garfield Langhorn of Riverhead at the Private First Class Garfield M. Langhorn Post Office in Riverhead, New York, to honor his bravery, sacrifice, and service to his country following the 50th anniversary of his falling in the line of duty. Continue reading
GREENVILLE, Calif. (CBS13) — A package that was mailed by a local woman should have taken just a few days to reach its destination, but instead took over 40 days to arrive and racked up thousands of miles in the process. Continue reading
From USPS News Link:
Acting Customer Services Manager Tanya Jackson and Lead Retail Associate Leon Livengood were recently on duty in Portland, OR, when a customer experienced a medical emergency. Continue reading
- Postal Service Announces Leadership Changes
- Brooklyn Residents Take On Postal Service Over Parking Spots
- Warren MI post office employee being investigated for mail theft
- USPS Hit With $150K Fine For Heat-Related Death Of California Mail Carrier
- 2 Daly City CA postal workers allege sexual harassment
- Louisiana postal worker dead after being electrocuted while working on parking lot light
- Do ‘fragile’ labels protect your packages?
- Damage to driveway of Memphis business caused by postal service trucks, owner says
- Connolly-Graves Reintroduce Bipartisan Legislation to Preserve 6-Day Postal Delivery
- USPS officials investigate theft allegations at Brookfield WI post office
FRESNO, California – A bizarre series of events unfolded Saturday afternoon, starting near Fresno State when a man assaulted a letter carrier to steal his truck. The suspect crashed the truck minutes later, but it wasn’t until he broke into a nearby business when authorities finally caught up and arrested him. Continue reading
Earlier this week, Representatives Gerry Connolly (D-VA) and Sam Graves (R-MO) introduced a bipartisan House Resolution to preserve six-day mail delivery, including Saturday delivery, by the U.S. Postal Service (USPS). H.Res. 54 expresses the sense of the House of Representatives that the USPS should take all appropriate measures to preserve a vital component of our Nation’s long-standing Universal Service Standard, Saturday Mail Delivery. A similar Graves-Connolly resolution introduced in the 115th Congress had broad bipartisan support with 258 cosponsors. Continue reading
LAUREL- A 13-year-old boy was arrested Friday on suspicion of intentionally setting fire to the Laurel Post Office Thursday and a second attempted arson at the Laurel Walmart, according to Laurel Police Chief Stan Langve. Continue reading
PORTLAND, Mich. — Instead of delivering the mail, a US postal employee in Eaton County is under investigation for hoarding it. Continue reading
DALY CITY, Calif. (KGO) — Two Bay Area letter carriers allege they were sexually harassed at work. Continue reading
Postmaster General and Chief Executive Officer, Megan J. Brennan, has announced the following leadership changes:
- Isaac Cronkhite has been named as Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and Executive Vice President (Acting) effective January 19. Jeff Williamson, prior CHRO has returned to the private sector.
- Jeff Johnson, Vice President, Information Technology has been named Vice President, Enterprise Analytics (Acting) effective January 19.
- Pritha Mehra, Vice President, Mail Entry and Payment Technology, has been named Vice President, Information Technology (Acting) effective January 19.
- Marc McCrery, Director, Delivery and Retail Technology, has been named Vice President, Mail Entry and Payment Technology (Acting) effective January 19.
- Ed Phelan, Vice President, Northeast Area Operations, has announced his retirement effective February 3.
- Eric Chavez, District Manager, Suncoast, has been named Vice President, Northeast Area Operations (Acting) effective February 3.