OAKWOOD, Ohio (WDTN) – A postal worker was recognized for heroic actions assisting one of his customers on his route. Continue reading
NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA – United States Attorney Peter G. Strasser announced that BRIA DAVIS, age 25, of New Orleans, Louisiana, entered a plea of guilty yesterday before United States District Judge Carl J. Barbier to Theft of Mail by an Officer or Employee of the U.S. Postal Service. Continue reading
Jackson, Miss. – Calvin Taylor, 51, of Yazoo City, pled guilty today before U.S. District Judge Carlton W. Reeves to embezzling parcels of mail during the course of his employment with the U.S. Postal Service, announced U.S. Attorney Mike Hurst and Special Agent in Charge Chris Cave with the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General, Southern Area Field Office. Continue reading
Cesar Sayoc Pled Guilty to 65 Felonies, Including Use of Weapons of Mass Destruction and Interstate Mailing of Explosives Continue reading
Board nomination. President Trump has nominated John McLeod Barger to be a member of the USPS Board of Governors (BOG). Continue reading
WASHINGTON — In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing on July 20, 1969, the U.S. Postal Service is pleased to reveal two stamp designs commemorating that historic milestone.
Additional details are coming about the date, time and location for the first-day-of issue ceremony.
One stamp features a photograph of Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin in his spacesuit on the surface of the moon. The image was taken by astronaut Neil Armstrong. The other stamp, a photograph of the moon taken in 2010 by Gregory H. Revera of Huntsville, AL, shows the landing site of the lunar module in the Sea of Tranquility. The site is indicated on the stamp by a dot. The selvage includes an image of the lunar module.
Art director Antonio Alcalá designed the stamp art.
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.- The engine of a USPS truck caught fire in Roswell Monday afternoon. Continue reading
- Trump budget to demand “major changes” to the U.S. Postal Service
- APWU, USPS Exchange Final Economic Contract Proposals
- Out of control mail delivery truck crashes into family’s cars, damage lingers months later
- Neighbors credit driver for saving packages after mail truck goes up in flames
- Late mail delivery has residents of Indiana town fuming
- Texas woman looks for answers after U.S. Postal Service loses late husband’s ashes
- 4 people taken to hospital after chemical spill at Springfield MA postal facility
- What’s Holding Up Mail Delivery In Lowville NY?
- New stamps will feature Post Office murals
- Montana postal worker indicted for misappropriation of postal funds
The US Attorney for Montana announced the following indictment: Continue reading
BAYTOWN – A Baytown woman says she’s waited about a month for the U.S. Postal Service to deliver her deceased husband’s ashes. Continue reading