BOSTON – A Beverly man pleaded guilty today in connection with mailing threatening letters containing suspicious white powder to high-profile individuals, law enforcement officials and others. Continue reading
17.10.2018 – The United States of America has informed the Universal Postal Union (UPU) of its decision to withdraw from the treaties of the UPU. In a letter received on 17 October, the USA will withdraw membership to the Union a year from now. Continue reading
NEWPORT, RI — The U.S. Postal Service and Israel Post today jointly issued a Hanukkah stamp that portrays a papercut menorah that can be used to send holiday messages celebrating this ageless tradition. Continue reading
10/16/2018 – This morning the APWU became aware that the Postal Service identified a computer glitch with the payroll system that will affect nearly 90,000 APWU represented bargaining unit employees.
The APWU immediately contacted the USPS about the issue and will continue to monitor the situation until it is corrected.
The discrepancies in pay for employees is for pay period 21 2018 (September 29-October 12, 2018, pay date October 19, 2018). Employees should review their pay stubs for pay period 21 and verify if there is any missing pay.
Additional information will be reported when it is available.
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (October 11, 2018) – The cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) to Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) annuities and Social Security benefits will be 2.8 percent in 2019, but only 2 percent for Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) retirees, pursuant to federal law and the latest consumer price data released this morning by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Continue reading
RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) – Saturday morning United States Postal Workers were protesting along Brook Road, demanding an early start to their workday. Continue reading
CHICAGO — Nearly two weeks after 27-year-old Kierra Coles was last seen, her fellow postal workers joined the search effort Sunday in Chatham, passing out flyers with hopes someone will recognize her. Continue reading
SARASOTA, Fla. – The bomb squad was called in after suspicious packages caused a big scare in a Sarasota post office. Continue reading
MCALLEN – A woman who is accused of stealing mail in Michigan faced a federal judge Friday. Continue reading
- USPS announces new prices for 2019
- Largest internal postal theft ever? OIG says Louisiana USPS manager stole $630K worth of stamps, sold them on eBay
- Workers rally against Trump privatization plan
- NALC announces national election results
- Mail carrier tips police off to double murder scene
- Woman warning others and demanding a change from the postal service after mail hijacked
- Residents of Louisiana town accuse USPS of lying about delivery “attempts”
- Mail truck catches fire in Minnesota
- Sparkling Holidays stamps on sale now
- USPS contract worker caught on camera throwing package out of car window