From the US Postal Service:
NEW YORK, NY – In the interest of safety and security, postal officials will seal the Postal Service’s collection boxes in relation to the presidential visit, to remain closed until Wednesday, Aug. 16, in New York City.
The familiar blue collection boxes will be sealed, and in some cases removed, after the final scheduled collection of mail on Saturday, Aug. 12. All impacted collection boxes will be reopened on Wednesday morning, Aug. 16.
Postal officials advise local customers to make alternative plans to mail outgoing items at impacted locations during this time period (see below).
Route Impacting Collection Boxes for U.S. Mail in these areas:
- Both sides of 56th Street – between 6th Avenue and Park Avenue
- Both sides of 57th Street – between 6th Avenue and Park Avenue
- Both sides of 5th Avenue – between 51st Street and 60th Street
- Both sides of Madison Avenue – between 51st Street and 60th Street
- Both sides of FDR service road – between Broad Street and Old Slip