After 10 months of difficult negotiations, CUPW and Canada Post have reached tentative collective agreements for each of the Urban and RSMC bargaining units. Details below but more information on each point will be available in the coming days and the draft agreements will be made available to all members.
RSMC and Urban – Together
The following applies to both the RSMC and Urban bargaining units:
- Defined benefit pension plan for all current and future plan participants.
- Dental Plan:
- Major dental increased from $1,500.00 to $2,000.00.
- Fee guide one-year lag and updated January 1st of each year.
- Extended Health Care Plan: Increase hearing aid coverage to $1,000.00 every five years.
- Extended Health Care Plan: Increase out-of-country coverage to $250,000.00.
- Short Term Disability Plan:
- 16 days to submit forms and full retroactivity if late.
- Recovery of overpayment limited to 10% (RSMC – excluding vehicle allowance).
- Definitions of Hospitalization and Accident cannot be changed by employer.
- Final Level of Appeal improved.
- Protection against unilateral changes in the policy document.
- Reallocation of Personal Days (July – June).
- Technology cannot be used for individual measurement or discipline.
- All expiry dates in the collective agreements to be updated.
- Gender expression & identity included.
The following applies to the RSMC bargaining unit:
- Pay Equity Committee – Final decision due in 19 months.
- A two-year collective agreement, which expires on December 31, 2017.
- Wage increases of 1.5% effective January 1, 2016 and 1.5% effective January 1, 2017.
- RSMC seniority recognized from date of hire pre-2004.
- OCRE seniority recognized when they become a permanent employee.
- Extended Health Care Plan – All Paramedical services same as Urban members.
- Replacements: Employer responsible to cover all absences, in offices with 5 or more employees.
- Restriction on lifting: Maximum 50lbs.
- Article 12:
- National transfers for permanent employees.
- 2 weeks to report if transfer less than 100KM and 4 weeks to report if transfer greater than 100KM.
- STDP – Captured in the collective agreement.
- Clause 33.06 – Claw back from overpayment limited to 10%, excluding vehicle expenses.
The following applies to the Urban bargaining unit:
- A two-year collective agreement, which expires on January 31, 2018.
- Wage increases of 1% effective February 1, 2016 and 1.5% effective February 1, 2017.
- Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) for 2017 triggers at 2.67%.
- Groups 3 & 4:
- $1.00 per hour adjustment effective January 1, 2017 for MAM10, MAM11, MAM12, EL05, VHE09 and EIM10.
- Past practice letter on clause 14.25.
- Protection from Maximo.
- Unaddressed Admail (Neighbourhood Mail):
- Right to prepare admail at end of day, overtime cannot be used to stop letter carriers from doing this work at the end of their day.
- Increased preparation time allowance and lower trigger point.
- Increased size.
- HIMS offices protected.
- Reverse order of seniority when temporary employees are sent home due to lack of work on daily assignments.
- Compassionate Care Leave: Increase to 28 weeks paid by Employment Insurance.
- Appendix T:
- Change apprenticeship program to scholarship fund.
- Add labour relations committee to look at employee’s well-being, ie. Social stewards.
- Parcel Delivery: Allows for flexible delivery during weekends, morning and evenings.
There will be additional details provided for the above points during the next few days. Your negotiating committee will provide you with the information on our new tentative agreements as quickly as we can. This has been a long and difficult process and now the final decision will be made by the membership whether or not to accept these new tentative collective agreements. Please watch for details and information so that you are fully informed before making this important decision.