From the Canadian Union of Postal Workers:
On Friday we presented CPC with our Global Offers for both the urban and RSMC collective agreements. As a result, we will not be servicing our 72-hour notice. Therefore, there will be no industrial action prior to July 6th.
Here are some of the highlights of our offer. You can find a complete summary on the CUPW website.
- Collective agreements that both expire December 31, 2019.
- A new wage grid with lowest paid employees to receive 85% of highest wage rate (currently 75%).
- All employees to receive wage increases of $0.78, $0.53, $0.55 and $0.56. This amounts to 3%, 2%, 2% and 2% of the Postal Clerk/Letter Carrier maximum wage rate.
- Groups 3 and 4 workers to receive adjustment of $1.00 per hour on January 1, 2016 and $1.00 per hour on January 1, 2018.
- Temporary employees pay in lieu of benefits to rise to 6% from 4%.
- Elimination of three wage zones.
- RSMCs to be paid an hourly rate and paid for all hours worked.
- All regular hours to be pensionable.
- RSMCs to receive the same wages as letter carriers with increases of 3%, 2%, 2% and 2%. Maximum rate effective January 1, 2016 is $26.73 per hour.
No Two-tier Pension and Benefits:
- New employees to receive defined benefit pension and the same job security, vacation leave, pre-retirement leave and post-retirement health benefits as other employees.Rejection of CPCs proposal for two-tier pension and benefits.
- New employees to receive defined benefit pension and the same job security, vacation leave, pre-retirement leave and post-retirement health benefits as other employees.
- Provide the “top up” for all weeks of parental leave and adoption leave.
Service Expansion: Parcel Delivery on Weekends, Mornings and Evenings (Urban):
- Provides a model for seven (7) day parcel delivery operation including weekends, mornings and evenings. Includes a new job title and job description for Part-Time Delivery Relief Employee.
- Changes to the sizes and weights of householder mail. Increase in the time allowances. Changes in the per-piece payments, including increases and decreases. Overall gain for the bargaining unit.
- Right to sort sequenced mail at the case.
Urban Group 1 Staffing:
- New provisions in Appendix “P” to provide more full-time job opportunities for part-time workers and more part-time job opportunities for temporary workers.
- Maintain minimum retail counters.
RSMC Benefits and Working Conditions:
- New work measurement system for RSMCs based on a 8-hour work day.
- Corporate vehicles.
- RSMCs to receive numerous rights and benefits received by letter carriers including job security and post-retirement health benefits.
- No to CPC rollbacks on staffing, wash-up time, human rights training, elimination of apprenticeship program, elimination of Appendix “T”, Groups 3 and 4 compensatory time and increased weekend schedules.