Stamford, CT, November 10, 2015 – Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE: PBI), a global technology company that provides innovative products and solutions to power commerce, today announced the successful completion of its acquisition of Zip Mail Services, Inc., a presort services provider in the Midwest. The acquisition, will result in new Pitney Bowes Presort Services Operating Centers in Chicago and St. Louis and an expanded client-base in Detroit.
“This acquisition strengthens our national network of Presort Services Operating Centers. It will allow us to provide mailing solutions to a number of new clients and to expand relationships with existing clients,” said Debbie Pfeiffer, president, Pitney Bowes Presort Services. “We look forward to helping businesses in Chicago, St. Louis and throughout the Midwest manage postage costs, compliance issues and the mission-critical communications that their success depends on.”
Pitney Bowes’ Presort Services enable high-volume mailers to achieve:
- Reduced postage costs. Pitney Bowes’ national network of operating centers, state of the art software and technology, and innovative sorting solutions enable businesses to optimize their postage spend.
- Operational cost savings. Mailers choosing Pitney Bowes Presort Services can reduce overhead and mail-processing costs, while redeploying resources to more revenue-generating business initiatives.
- Faster, more predictable in-home delivery. Pitney Bowes sorts mail closer to its final destination, resulting in more predictable and consistent in-home delivery. Pitney Bowes also offers Full Service Intelligent Mail Barcode Tracking.
- Quality assurance. Pitney Bowes’ Total Quality Management (TQM) process and dedicated Quality Assurance teams meet the highest industry standards.
- Security, visibility and control throughout the mailstream. Through IntellliVIEW® Pitney Bowes provides a secure website with the ability to track mail during presort services processing and throughout the USPS network.
Pitney Bowes Presort Services partners with clients to capture significant postage discounts on outbound customer communications while helping to manage complex USPS® regulations. Presort Service’s operational expertise, coupled with state-of-the-art technology and a national network of more than 30 operating centers enable it to provide outstanding services to some of the most successful banks, insurers, healthcare and telecommunications companies in the world. Presort Services processes more than 14 billion pieces of mail annually and is the largest certified work-share partner of the USPS®.
“Our increased presence in the Midwest will improve both postage costs and delivery standards enabling more businesses to benefit from a network and infrastructure designed to optimize their mailing operations,” Pfeiffer said. “We are excited to deliver more value to our clients through our Midwest expansion.”