The offerings will be reduced to 10 services. Customers will still have the same options as before, but in a consolidated format.
“This initiative will help improve customers’ experiences by streamlining the purchasing process,” said Retail Operations and Customer Service VP Kelly Sigmon.
Customers will be required to use new forms for these services. Retail offices will receive most updated forms by May 31, and employees are encouraged to share the new forms with customers to ensure a smooth transition.
The forms also can be found online. The updated forms include:
- Certified Mail: Updated PS Form 3800, Certified Mail Receipt
- Collect on Delivery: Updated PS Form 3816
- Insurance: Updated PS Forms 3813 and 3813-P
- Registered Mail: Updated PS Form 3806, Receipt for Registered Mail
- Return Receipt: Updated PS Form 3811, Domestic Return Receipt, with added barcode
- Signature Confirmation: Updated PS Form 153
This simplification is part of the price and classification changes recently approved by the Postal Regulatory Commission.