All Mail Handlers to Receive Guaranteed Wage Increase Effective Nov 15

From the Mail Handler’s Union:

npmhuEffective on November 15, 2014, all career Mail Handler craft employees are scheduled to receive the second of three guaranteed wage increases, as outlined in Article 9.1 of the 2011 National Agreement.  Specifically:  “the basic annual salary schedule, with proportional application to hourly rate employees, for all grades and steps for those employees covered under the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be increased as follows:  Effective November 15, 2014 — the basic annual salary for each grade and step of Table One and Table Two shall be increased by an amount equal to 1.5% of the basic annual salary for the grade and step in effect on February 15, 2013.”  Please note that all Mail Handler Assistant (MHA) employees will receive an additional 1.0% increase, for a total increase of 2.5% effective on November 15, 2014. These updated wage charts are now available at the Wage Chart link in the Member Resources tab, and will be printed in the Fall 2014 Mail Handler magazine, which is currently at press, and will be mailed shortly.

  • Long

    when are they going to increase for the CCA and New Career City Carrier? ever since the new contract we got a 25% pay decrease. becoming a New Career City Carrier we are getting the same pay as we were as CCA. USPS need to do something about our pay for the New Career City Carrier. what make us so different than other carrier that were PTF before and become a Career? we do the same job and we are all consider as carrier.

  • schnufus

    The word is Receive, not Recieve. “i” before “e”, except after “c”

  • Nimby

    You ARE also getting the same 1.5% increase, and if you bid to a T-6 position, you can get a 4k increase/year!

  • RouteAbolished

    What an embarrassment. Another professional journalist who doesn’t know basic English. What happened to the proofreader or the spellchecker?

  • RouteAbolished

    You corrected the headline on this blog, but you forgot the intro on the date page.