SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Aug. 6, 2014– Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) has expanded Same-Day Delivery with new “Get It Today” capabilities for customers in Baltimore, Dallas, Indianapolis, New York City, Philadelphia and Washington DC metro areas, with more than a million eligible items now available for same-day delivery. Starting today, customers can order as late as noon, seven days a week and get things like popular movies, video games, last-minute travel needs, back-to-school supplies and family necessities delivered to their home the same day. Prime members pay $5.99 for all the same-day delivery items they can order. Start a free trial of Amazon Prime at www.amazon.com/prime and learn more about Amazon Same-Day Delivery by visiting www.amazon.com/sameday.
“Imagine how much time you will save now that you can get sunscreen, memory cards, toothpaste, hit movies, text books and HDMI cables all delivered to your home in hours, seven days a week, in one order from Amazon,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President, Amazon Prime. “New convenient pricing also allows Prime members to fill up their same-day shopping cart with everything they may need for one low price. With more than a million eligible items, we aim to offer the largest same-day selection at the lowest price.”
Customers who search or browse the Amazon product selection will find the “Get It Today” filter on the left-hand navigation panel, just below the “Amazon Prime” filter. They can select “Get It Today” and see only those items eligible for Same-Day Delivery. A similar “Get It by Tomorrow” filter will allow customers to discover millions of additional items that can be delivered the next day.
In an effort to make customers’ lives a little easier, Amazon will offer same-day delivery for things like everyday household needs, health and beauty, baby items, toys, movies and games, electronics, office supplies, sporting goods, apparel and home accessories. Customers will discover popular items including:
- New Releases: Find new movies or video games as well as many top electronics, gaming consoles and accessories.
- Back-to-School Supplies: Fill-up the back pack with things like pencils, glue, text books, lunch boxes and other supplies.
- Make it Work: Get electronics working quickly with accessories like HDMI cables, batteries, power strips and speakers.
- Travel: Find last-minute travel needs including sunscreen, towels, back-up chargers and memory cards.
- Family Needs: Prevent running low on essentials at home with baby wipes, diaper pail refills, infant formula, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, detergent, granola bars and more.
- Projects: Complete projects for school or work with a selection of office and craft supplies.
- Fix it: Finish a quick fix at home with help from super glue, tools and even things like refrigerator filters.
Amazon Same-Day Delivery, including the new “Get it Today” capabilities, noon order cut-off and seven days a week delivery, is already available in Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco and Seattle metro areas.
Prime members pay only $5.99 for all the same-day delivery items they can order. Pricing for non-Prime customers remains unchanged, with a $9.98 fee for the first item and $0.99 for each additional item.