Looks like more RIFs in your future: the US Postal Service is looking for someone to coordinate reductions in force (RIFs) nationwide. A recent job posting advertises an opening at USPS Headquarters for an EAS-23 “RIF Administrator”. The job pays up to $104,281 annually:
TITLE: RIF ADMINISTRATOR
GRADE: EAS – 23
SALARY RANGE: 60,446.00 – 104,281.00 USD Annually
Persons Eligible to Apply
This position is posted Service-Wide. All career nonbargaining Postal employees are eligible to apply for this position.
Develops and implements policies and procedures governing the conduct of all reduction-in-force activities that take place within the Postal Service. Maintains and operates system to implement a RIF and identify employee placements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administers all reduction-in-forces. Coordinates and tracks placement of RIF impacted employees in accordance with established guidelines and policies.
2. Develops and implements procedures to integrate federal government RIF policies and Postal policies to effectively administer a reduction-in-force.
3. Reviews personnel processing, selection, job classification and other related human resources functions and systems to ensure that their operations are consistent with RIF policies and procedures. Identifies and troubleshoots discrepancies between RIF system and other source systems.
4. Develops requirements for automated systems that support RIF actions; ensures that existing automated systems operate consistently with RIF procedures.
5. Analyzes organizational changes to determine if they are RIF actions. Identifies impacted, closing competitive areas and competitive areas no longer in RIF for appropriate processing.
6. Imports and downloads critical data sets such as finance number, authorized staffing and employee data, in support of RIF administration.
7. Conducts quality checks to maintain data integrity. Identifies and troubleshoots data anomalies to ensure accurate, comprehensive data.
8. Generates lists of impacted and potentially impacted employees, and retention registers, by running RIF in TARIF system. Generates general and specific RIF notices to impacted and potentially impacted employees.
9. Provides technical guidance to key stakeholders regarding RIF policy, procedures, and guidelines.
Manager of unit to which assigned
1. Knowledge of federal laws and regulations governing reductions in force.
2. Ability to operate and maintain Microsoft Access Databases.
3. Knowledge of Postal Service reduction in force policies and procedures.
4. Ability to develop functional requirements to integrate data from multiple systems.
5. Skill using Microsoft Access sufficient to manipulate large data sets, and create and run complex queries and reports.
6. Ability to manage projects and competing priorities.
7. Ability to integrate and analyze data and information from multiple sources sufficient to identify and summarize impacts of organizational change initiatives.