WASHINGTON, Jan. 31 — The U.S. Postal Service issued the following news release:
Legendary artists. Timeless love songs. Romantic lyrics. The mood is set. The Postal Service delivers the perfect Valentine’s Day playlist with the Love Notes CD, debuting this week at #4 on the Billboard/Soundscan jazz charts.
"The Postal Service is very excited by the response this new CD has already received," said Linda Kingsley, vice president, Channel Access. "People don’t usually think about going to the Post Office to buy Valentine’s Day gifts, but our customers can purchase the CD for a great price and ship it at an even better price from the same, convenient location."
The Postal Service once again worked with Concord Music Group to bring timeless music to non-traditional retail locations. This is the fourth exclusive release between the Postal Service and Concord. The previously released CDs include: Letters to Santa in December 2009, Ella Fitzgerald’s Love Letters from Ella in February 2010, and Let It Snow in December 2010.
The Love Notes CD features images from the 2010 Love Stamp, Pansies in a Basket, and it comes prepackaged for easy shipping in a mailing box that is decorated with the same images. The Love Notes CD is available at select major metropolitan post offices and also can be purchased online at usps.com/shop for $12.99. Customers who purchase the CD and Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box postage together will save $2 off the CD price.
This exclusive 11-track CD includes enduring love songs by an eclectic mix of legendary artists:
1. Baby, Now That I’ve Found You – Alison Krauss
2. Dance Me to the End of Love – Madeleine Peyroux
3. My Foolish Heart – Tony Bennett and Bill Evans
4. Come Rain or Come Shine – Natalie Cole
5. Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars (Corcovado) – Frank Sinatra and Antonio Carlos Jobim
6. Body and Soul – Diana Krall
7. Till You Come to Me – Spencer Day
8. It’s Too Late – Carole King and James Taylor
9. Silly Love Songs – Paul McCartney and Wings
10. I Can’t Stop Loving You – Ray Charles
11. P.S. I Love You – Rosemary Clooney
Valentine’s Day greeting cards also are available at select Post Offices, and the stamps on greeting cards and letters will be postmarked with the image of a greeting card bearing a heart and a special Valentine’s Day message, Sending Love Through the Mail.